Kodiak Ammo Intra-Workout
Kodiak Ammo Intra-Workout
Kodiak Ammo™ is a Branched Chain Amino Acid (BCAA) powerhouse that was developed to address the nutritional opportunity between pre worout and post workout, commonly referred to as the intra workout period, when critical nutrients are needed to fuel performance, blunt fatigue, and accelerate recovery.
Collectively made up of Leucine, Isoleucine, and Valine, the BCAAs are known as essential amino acids because the human body cannot produce them, and they must be consumed through diet or supplementation. Independently, each BCAA plays an important physiological role in the body.
However, it is their synergistic combination that produces one of the most important processes involved in muscle building and recovery; the process known as muscle protein synthesis (MPS).
2:1:1 BCAA INTRA-WORKOUT FORMULA
- Supports Muscle Growth & Repair*
- Accelerates Recovery*
- Blunts Muscular Fatigue & Inhibits Protein Breakdown*
- Hydrating Electrolyte Blend*
- Delicious Flavors
- 30 & 90 Servings Per Container
The essential amino acids Leucine, Isoleucine, and Valine collectively form what are referred to as the Branched Chain Amino Acids (BCAAs). These amino acids are essential because they cannot be produced in the body and must be provided through supplementation or diet.
BCAAs comprise approximately 30% of the total muscle protein pool and are the primary amino acids oxidized in the muscle during exercise and catabolic stress. For these reasons, athletes supplement with BCAAs for the purpose of increasing muscle mass, reducing muscle damage, blunting fatigue, and increasing energy during exercise.
Hundreds of studies exist on the ergogenic benefits of BCAAs. The majority of them show that BCAAs, whether consumed pre, during, or post-exercise; decrease protein catabolism (breakdown) and support muscle protein synthesis, a physiological process responsible for muscle growth and repair.
Furthermore, BCAAs are vitally important to glucose (energy) production; contributing over 40% of total glucose production during sustained endurance exercise.
A study conducted in 2009 found that subjects who supplemented with BCAAs while following an 8-week resistance training program had a greater decrease in body fat, an increase in lean mass, and greater strength gains in the bench press and squat exercises compared to the placebo group.
Leucine is one of the essential branched chain amino acids (BCAA). By itself it can stimulate muscle protein synthesis; the process responsible for muscle growth and recovery. This is why it is often referred to as the “main” amino acid.
- Supplementation with at least 2 grams daily has been shown to decrease muscle soreness, lessen recovery time between workouts, and increase lean muscle mass.
- Howatson et al. (2012) discovered that leucine (combined with isoleucine and valine) administered before muscle-damaging resistance exercises reduced indices of muscle damage and accelerated recovery in resistance trained males.
Leucine Whey Peptides
Leucine Peptides contain high levels of leucine-rich peptides isolated from whey proteins to deliver the essential amino acid L-Leucine in a soluble and highly bioavailable form.
- PepForm Leucine Peptides are designed to improve the delivery of amino acids to muscle tissue. More efficient nutrient delivery helps PepForm Leucine Peptides contribute to muscle synthesis and growth.
- PepForm Leucine Peptides’ ability to provide Leucine more efficiently is a significant step in addressing the growing concern over age-related muscle loss or sarcopenia.
- Research shows that many individuals can decrease the rate of muscle loss by exercising and consuming proteins that are quickly absorbed and have significant levels of leucine.
Isoleucine, like leucine, is another BCAA that can stimulate muscle protein synthesis, but to a lesser degree when not combined with the other BCAAs. However, isoleucine significantly increases glucose uptake and the usage of glucose during exercise; leading to greater energy production and BCAA preservation.
- Isoleucine may also play in role in the fat burning abilities of BCAAs.
- Nishimura et al. (2010) found that mice consuming a high-fat diet in conjunction with isoleucine gained less fat mass than mice not receiving isoleucine. This was due to isoleucine’s ability to stimulate receptors (PPAR) that inhibit fat storage and increase fat burning.
Valine, the third BCAA, promotes muscular endurance and decrease fatigue during exercise.
- When exercising, tryptophan is converted to serotonin and signals the brain that the body is fatigued, ultimately leading to a decrease in muscle strength and endurance
- Since Valine competes with tryptophan for entry into the brain, less serotonin gets to the brain. Ultimately, this leads to stronger muscular contractions, quicker recovery between sets, and prolonged muscular strength and endurance.
|Serving size: 1 Scoop (7.5g)||Average Quantity Per Serving|
|- sugars||1.5 g|
|- added sugars||1.5 g|
|Vitamin D (as Cholecalciferol)||5 mcg (200 IU)|
|Calcium (as Calcium Citrate)||28 mg|
|Magnesium (as Magnesium Citrate)||14 mg|
|Sodium (as Sodium Cholride)||200 mg|
|Potassium (as Potassium Chloride)||106 mg|
|Recovery & Volumization Complex|
|Branched Chain Amino Acid Recovery Matrix (Pepform Leucine Complex (L-Leucine, Leucine Whey Peptides), L-Isoleucine, L-Valine, L-Glutamine), Glucose Polymers, Dextrose||6100 mg|
|Electrolyte Replenishment Matrix|
|Sodium Chloride, Potassium Chloride, Calcium Citrate, Magnesium Citrate, Vitamin D||350 mg|
Always read the label and follow the directions for use. Use only as directed.
Images may differ in appearance from the actual product.
All orders are subject to availability. Whilst we endeavour to keep our stock levels accurate, some products may not be immediately available. If an item is purchased that is not available in a reasonable time frame, we will contact you to inform you of excess delays or to discuss alternative product options.