Camu Camu (Mycaria Dubia) is a bushy tree that grows in black water rivers, especially along abandones watercourses known as cochas. Each year, the river floods, bringing nutrients to the soil and avoiding the depletion associated with typical farming methods; these are ecosystems of great social and economic important to the Amazon jungle in Peru. Growing in these swampy areas, it takes years for the tree to become mature enough to bear fruit. The fruit of the tree is approximately 2 centimetres in diametre and has a purplish red skin with a yellow pulp.
Camu Camu is traditionally made into a juice by people of the rainforest to support the immune system, ward off viral infections, and help maintain optimal health, especially under conditions of stress and anxiety, which tend to deplete the immune system. It also contains bioflavonoids, the amino acids serine, valine and leucine, plus considerable quantities of thiamine, riboflavin, and niacin. Camu Camu has been used by ancient cultures to help promote healthy gums, eyes, and skin and also support the functions of the brain (nervous system) and heart (circulatory system).
Loving Earth's Camu Camu is 100% pure Certified Organic, and contains no manioc root powder. It is dehydrated at low temperatures, which results in a Vitamin C percentage of over 12%. Since their Camu Camu is a whole food in its full-spectrum natural form, your body can absorb the nutrients contained within much more effectively as compared to synthetic supplements.
Traditionally, native medicine practitioners and herbalists have recommended Camu Camu for:
- Strengthening the immune system
- Improving symptoms of herpes infections, including mouth blisters, genital blisters, shingles blisters, and other viral infections
- Promoting energy and vitality of people with chronic immune dysfunction
- Strengthening the nervous system
- Supporting healthy levels of white blood cell formation
- Detoxifying the body, especially the liver
- Promoting health of upper respiratory organs, including lungs, sinuses, nasal passages
- Promoting a healthy heart and circulatory system
- It has the additional benefit of being non-irritating to sensitive stomachs and bladders
How To Use
Take 1 teaspoon of Camu Camu Powder at least once a day. Simply stir it into a glass of water. Alternatively, mix it with your favourite juice, smoothie or dessert to add a tangy citrus flavour.