What Is Green Calcium?
Green Calcium is made using 100% organic Lithothamnium calcareum marine plant from the South West coast of Ireland and the North West coast of Iceland that contains 34% elemental calcium and 72 other trace minerals.
After a five-year life span spent absorbing essential minerals from the Atlantic waters, this calcium-rich plant calcifies naturally and settles on the sea bed from which it is sustainably harvested, taken ashore and washed, dried and crushed.
Nothing else is added.
As only the mature/aged material is harvested - not the live young plant, sustainability is assured.
The Lithothamnium calcareum marine plant regenerates itself continuously, so there is no interference with its renewal process.
Green Calcium is harvested in Ireland and Iceland under strict ISO 9001-2000 certification, is Organic, Kosher and Halal Certified and GRAS Approved. This makes Green Calcium the perfect calcium supplement for all people, including Vegetarians and Vegans.
Unlike inorganic calcium products on the market, Green Calcium offers a range of minerals from a single natural source. This, together with its porous matrix structure giving the material a massive surface area, makes it highly bio-available - in other words the body easily absorbs the nutrients. The spectrum of minerals work in synergy, so the overall health benefits are enhanced.
More Than Just Calcium
Although GreenCalcium is an excellent source of plant calcium (1 level teaspoon provides over 950mg elemental calcium), it is really a multi-mineral complex. It provides 72 other trace minerals, all contributing to bone health and general well-being.
Minerals such as magnesium and zinc are essential minerals and are present in GreenCalcium together with trace minerals such as boron, iodine, selenium and strontium. These minerals are all absorbed naturally by the live marine plant from the clear, cold pollution free, mineral rich Atlantic waters and the presence of these trace minerals in Green Calcium contribute to the high bio-availability of the calcium in our bodies.
Pleasant tasting and easily mixed in drinks or added to any food, just one level teaspoon (2.8g) serving of Green Calcium powder provides over 950mg of elemental calcium in a natural multi-mineral food-matrix.
For your covenience, Green Calcium is also available in convenient 100% vegetable capsules - two (2) capsules provides 600mg of elemental calcium.
Green Calcium is a 100% plant-source of calcium, is HIGHLY ALKALINE (pH 10) and supports body alkalinity, provides MAXIMUM ABSORPTION and bio-availablity of calcium in the body, is ALL NATURAL and contains:
- NO calcium chelates processed from limestone or chalk
- NO calcium hydroxyapatite derived from crushed animal bones.
- NO crushed coral or oyster shell
- NO animal products or by-products
- NO corn or wheat products
- NO gluten
- NO Genetically Modified Organisms (GMO)
- NO herbicides, NO pesticides, NO contaminants
- NO dairy products
GreenCalcium is the richest natural plant-source of calcium available, is highly alkaline (pH10) and is vegetarian, vegan and paleo friendly.
All GreenCalcium products are bottled using LOCTEC (TM) oxygenless packaging technology.
Why Is Calcium So Important?
Calcium is essential for building and maintaining bone. Almost all the body's calcium (about 99%) is found in the bones.
Our bodies cannot make calcium, so it must come from the foods we eat. When you are not getting sufficient amounts of calcium in your diet, some of the calcium crystals in bone dissolve and give their calcium back to the bloodstream.
Calcium intake is important, but it's how well the calcium is absorbed into bones and teeth that's most critical.
Calcium absorption may be reduced by excessive caffeine and alcohol, soft drinks containing phosphates, and diets high in animal proteins.
Calcium is essential for:
- Maintaining total body health
- Normal growth and development
- Keeping your bones and teeth strong over your lifetime (they contain 99% of the body's calcium, the remaining 1% is in blood)
- Ensuring the proper functioning of muscles and nerves
- Keeping the heart beating
- Helping blood clotting and regulating blood pressure
- Metabolising Iron
- The action of a number of hormones (particularly those associated with the thyroid and parathyroid glands)
- Cell structure
- Absorption of Vitamin B12
How Does It Work?
Green Calcium is well absorbed and utilised in the body due to the following 3 special features:
- It has a unique porous 'honeycomb-like' structure which reacts particularly well in the digestive system giving it enhanced absorption properties.
- Its molecule has a very large surface area which allows faster solubilisation and rapid ionisation of the calcium, resulting in better absorption.
- It contains other important minerals necessary for the absorption of calcium including magnesium, boron, selenium, zinc, strontium and iodine.
All these pure, plant minerals are in the balance Nature originally intended for enhanced assimilation.