Features and Benefits
- High potency, immune-boosting formula that combines herbs that have been traditionally used in Chinese medicine to promote a healthy immune system and build your resistance against minor infections
- May assist in the management of recurrent upper respiratory tract infections including colds, flu and sore throat
- When taken after a cold or flu, Fusion Health's Astra 8 Immune Tonic may support recovery, enhance energy and vitality, reduce muscle aches, and help rebuild your resistance against further minor infections
- Increases your resistance to stress and improve stamina, making it ideal to take when you are feeling run down
How It Works
In Chinese medicine, your Qi (pronounced 'chee') is the vital energy or life source that fuels your daily activities. Defensive Qi is a specific form of Qi that is responsible for maintaining your resistance against disease. According to this philosophy, a deficiency or imbalance of Defensive Qi may cause you to feel run down, repeatedly catch minor respiratory infection such as colds or flu, or lead to symptoms of sore throat, runny nose, fatigue or poor concentration.
Fusion Health's Astra 8 Immune Tonic combines eight herbs that have been traditionally used to restore and maintain your Qi, thus supporting your resistance against minor infections.
Astragalus is one of these herbs. It is a warming herb that helps to restore your Qi and support your Lung Qi. It has been traditionally used as a supportive remedy for those who are prone to colds. This is supported by scientific evidence that shows it modulates key immune system cells.
Other herbs in Astra 8 Immune Tonic Liquid that support Qi and immune health include:
- Schisandra- which has been traditionally considered beneficial for the Lung organ-meridian, which is responsible for the production and distribution of Defensive Qi
- Reishi Mushroom- which has been traditionally taken to relieve weakness and fatigue, improve stamina, and help reduce your susceptibility to recurrent upper respiratory infections
- Siberian Ginseng- which may have a modulating effect on key types of immune cells involved in fighting minor infection, while also helping to improve the body's ability to adapt to stress
Directions For Use
Adults: Take 7 to 10ml once or twice daily.
Children 6 to 12 years: Take 5 to 7ml once or twice daily.
Children 2 to 5 years: Take 2 to 5ml once or twice daily.
Dilute each dose in 50ml of water or juice.
An extra dose may be taken as recommended by your healthcare professional for those of all ages.
Not to be used in children under 5 years of age without advice from your healthcare professional.
The usual duration of therapy is:
- 1 to 2 weeks after a minor infection
- 2 to 4 weeks if you are at risk of developing a post-viral fatigue
- 4 to 6 weeks post-operatively and following a chronic infection