Franjos Kitchen's Gluten Free Tanker Topper lactation biscuits are full of their naturopath Jo's many favoured superfood ingredients. They include the amazing natural *Galactagogues; gluten free brewers yeast, flaxseed meal and organic rolled quinoa flakes but also Australian grown teff flour, chia seeds, buckwheat flour, organic coconut oil, organic currants and organic shredded coconut. These biscuits take the term 'functional food' and 'superfood' to another level. They hope that these biscuits help to not only 'fill up Mum and her tanks' with more than just the essential vitamins, minerals and goods fats for her milk production but also nourishing phyto-nutrients to support her and her energy levels during this very demanding time. Franjos Kitchen's Gluten Free lactation biscuits are also vegan so those with dairy and egg intolerances can enjoy them too.
Who Are The Gluten Free Currant & Coconut Lactation Biscuits For?
Everyone. But functionally they can specifically assist breastfeeding Mums to help boost their milk supply. Being gluten free they are perfect for people who have coeliac disease or are trying to reduce their gluten intake. With ingredients like quinoa, teff, coconut oil, chia, flaxseed and buckwheat these biscuits stand out because of their naturally rich vegan protein levels, antioxidants, good fats, fibre, iron, plus much more. Franjos Kitchen think these biscuits are one of the most satisfying, health enhancing snack going around. They know that being full of goodness and standing out nutritionally is a necessity, but being yummy is just as important. They understand that most new mothers barely have time to take a sip of their cold tea let alone cook something nutritious for themselves. They want to make life easier for those mums. Each ingredient has been carefully selected and plays an important role in not only helping mums meet their breastfed baby's needs, but also their own health which is often ignored during this demanding time. So even if you have stopped breastfeeding but are looking for a tasty, superfood snack then this biscuit is something you can easily grab to keep yourself satisfied and on your toes.
Features & Benefits
- A gluten, dairy, egg, refined sugar and flour free snack.
- Completely vegan friendly as they have not used eggs or honey.
- The key 'galactagogue' ingredients are gluten free brewers yeast, flaxseed meal and organic rolled quinoa flakes. Each has their own reputation to boost breast milk supply and have been used for years by Mums all over the world.
- Are you tired? Did you know brewers yeast is naturally abundant in B group vitamins, magnesium and iron, all extremely important for energy production. Not to mention all of the other amazing superfood ingredients; these are jam packed with energy enhancing nutrients.
- Are your sugar cravings out of control? Brewers yeast contains high amounts of chromium as does cinnamon. Chromium helps to balance sugar levels.
- The good fats and protein in Franjos Kitchen's biscuits will also help to keep you fuller for longer and help with these cravings as well.
- Heal and recover quickly post partum from any tears or cesarean wounds. The bioflavonoid rutin found in buckwheat as well as the decent protein levels found in sunflower seeds, buckwheat, linseed meal, chia seeds and brewers yeast mean that their biscuits may assist in repairing the body's cells post partum trauma.
- These biscuits are full of ingredients that are beneficial for bowel health.
A gluten free grain from Ethiopia and packed with nutrition. This emerging 'super food' this fibre rich grain has a wonderful balance of amino acids making it a super source of vegetarian protein. It is also high in calcium and iron. Combine all of these benefits and it sure is a superfood for mums.
Is not related to wheat at all. It is actually a gluten free seed and is one of the best sources of high quality, easily digestible proteins. Franjos Kitchen love buckwheat because it is rich in the bioflavonoid rutin, a very important nutrient for mum's because it assists in strengthening connecting tissue. In addition, buckwheat can help to draw excess fluid from your body (fluid retention).
Gluten Free Brewers Yeast
A highly nutritive yeast is naturally rich in B complex vitamins, essential for energy production and they are one of the key supportive vitamins for the nervous system. Brewers yeast also contains the blood sugar balancing nutrient chromium, perfect to help keep you running all day long and free from sugar lows. It is also packed with iron, a nutrient commonly deficient in new mums as well as the antioxidant selenium to help keep you young.
Organic Rolled Quinoa Flakes
This nutrient dense South American seed has had a lot of press and for good reason. Think anti-aging (antioxidants), anti-inflammatory, protein rich, gluten free, mineral rich (calcium, magnesium, manganese), vitamin rich (B's and E) and high in dietary fibre.
Chia Seeds & Linseed Meal
Like Flaxseeds, chia seeds are a wonderful source of Omega 3 fats, fibre and calcium as well as phosphorus. Franjos Kitchen have included both which means you are getting a good dose of these beneficial nutrients.
Organic Coconut Oil
They chose coconut oil as the perfect fat for their biscuits. It's health benefits are what drew Franjos Kitchen to using this ingredient. Organic Coconut Oil contains medium chain fatty acids which is actually a very healthy and necessary type of saturated fat. It can aid in boosting one's metabolism, improving the health, skin and hair, and general overall organ health. Using coconut oil instead of margarine or other (not so healthy) trans fats means Franjos Kitchen's biscuits are dairy free and free of nasties.
How Many Should You Eat?
Franjos Kitchen recommend 2-3 biscuits per day.
*'Galactogugue' is a Greek word for substances that promote lactation. Galactagogues have been used for years by mothers around the world to enhance milk supply.