- When ingested, Peppermint may promote healthy respiratory function and clear breathing
- May promote digestive health when taken internally
- Repels bugs naturally
Minty, fresh, herbaceous.
The peppermint plant is a hybrid of watermint and spearmint and was first described by Carl Linneaus in 1753. A high menthol content- like that found in the doTERRA Peppermint essential oil- distinguishes the best quality Peppermint from other products. Frequently used in toothpaste and chewing gum for oral hygiene, Peppermint also helps alleviate occasional stomach upset and promotes healthy respiratory function when taken internally. Peppermint continues to be one of the best-selling favourites among doTERRA essential oils.
- Use a drop of Peppermint with Lemon in water for a healthy, refreshing mouth rinse
- Take one to two drops in a veggie capsule to help alleviate occasional stomach upsets
- Add a drop to your favourite smoothie recipe for a refreshing twist
- Place one drop in the palm of your hand with one drop of Wild Orange and one drop of Frankincense and inhale for a mid-day pick-me-up
Directions For Use
Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice.
Internal Use: Dilute one drop in 4 fluid ounces (approximately 118ml) of liquid.
Topical Use: Apply one to two drops to desired area. Dilute with a carrier oil (like doTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil) to minimise any skin sensitivity.
Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor's care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas.